Nothing better that pasta when you are craving comfort food during a rainy day during fall. This Butternut Squash Pesto Pasta brings you all the autumn flavors you need to brighten your day.
It’s not a secret that even though we love to cook from scratch sometimes we don’t have the time and we tend to eat outside. I’ve been there and done that, I’m guilty! So I made a plan for those busy days. I added to my grocery shopping cart healthy fun food to make my life easier.
I made this pasta using butternut squash pasta in the shape of pumpkins from Trader Joe’s and also used their Autumnal Harvest Pasta Sauce, their Kale Cashew Pesto, my favorite spices, cheese and veggies and let me tell you, it was delicious and ready in less that 40 minutes.
I know some people are really successful at prepping food but for me is really tedious and I don’t like the taste of the food after two days. So, I prepare myself with simple ingredients that are healthy and simple to cook. You can use any kind of pasta or sauce but I suggest you to try the autumn flavors.
This pasta is:
- Easy to prepare
- Pack with nutrients
- Can be made vegan or vegetarian
- Great for lunch or dinner
Baked Butternut Squash Pesto Pasta Serving: 7 Time Cooking 35 minutes
- 1 pack of 14oz of Fall Zucchette Pasta
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- ½ small green pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of Kale Cashew Pesto (you can replace for your favorite pesto)
- 2 cups of Autumnal Harvest Pasta Sauce (you can replace with any seasonal sauce)
- ¼ cup of heavy cream or coconut milk for a vegan version.
- 1 tablespoon of Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon of Sazon *see notes
- 2 cups of your favorite cheese
- Handful of grape tomatoes and more veggies if you want.
- Pinch of Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large cast iron skillet heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, cilantro, garlic and green pepper, cook for about 3 minute until fragrant.
- Add pesto, sauce and heavy cream mix until well incorporated.
- Fold in pasta adding more sauce if needed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy it with your love ones.
*NOTES: Sazon is a hispanic seasoning that I love to use, I highly recommend it but f you don’t have it feel free to replace it with turmeric or cayenne pepper.
IF YOU ARE USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PHOTO: