Guava and cream cheese are the perfect combination. The sweetness of the guava perfectly balances with the creamy cream cheese, these pancakes taste like a cake. They’re just amazing!
These pancakes are soft, fluffy and delicious. If you love guava I highly recommend you to try this recipe.
You can find guava nectar and guava paste at your local supermarket in the hispanic aisle. Also if you follow a vegan diet you can totally replace the cream cheese for a vegan spread and the eggs for egg replacement.
For the guava sauce:
- Pay attention and stir frequently to avoid the liquid to solidify.
- Follow the instructions carefully to avoid getting burned.
- You can double the sauce recipe and store the leftovers inside a mason jar and use it as a spread on future recipes.
Here’s the recipe:
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook pageor tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Guava Cream Cheese Pancakes
For the Guava Sauce:
- 1 cup of guava paste, cubed
- 1/2 cup of water
- A few drops of vanilla extract
For Guava Pancakes:
- 2 Cups of unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup guava paste, finely diced
- 1 Cup guava nectar
- 1 Cup almond milk or your choice of milk
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs or egg replacement for a vegan version
For the Sauce:
In a small saucepan, heat the cubed guava paste, water, and vanilla over medium/low heat, stirring constantly until the guava paste melts and all the ingredients are incorporated. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
For the Pancakes:
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Whisk in the sugar and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add the finely diced guava paste, guava nectar, milk, oil, and eggs. Continuously pulse or blend until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and blend until just incorporated.
- Heat a griddle on low heat. Spray with non stick spray and pour a 3-1/2 to 4 inch round onto the griddle. Flip the pancake when the surface of the pancake becomes somewhat dry and when most of the air bubbles have risen, about 2-1/2 to 4 minutes on each side.
- This recipe makes 10 to 15 pancakes.
- Serve, add cream cheese buttercream and drizzle the prepared Guava Sauce over the pancakes.
For Cream Cheese Buttercream:
- 1/2 block of cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon of heavy cream or coconut milk
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk until creamy and fluffy.
- If it’s too runny add more sugar gradually or if it’s too thick more liquid, one spoon at a time.
- Put buttercream inside a piping bag and frost your pancakes.
IF YOU ARE USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PHOTO: