Fudgy and rich vegan avocado brownies are better than regular brownies. These are flavorful, spongy, and packed with chocolate and nutrients.
These vegan avocado brownies are healthy, vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free. They are great for breakfast, dessert, or a special treat. Since we should not feel guilty after eating a treat, I added healthy ingredients to this brownie recipe. No one will tell that the star ingredient in this recipe is avocados. I grew up eating avocados and we used them for different purposes. Adding avocados to desserts instead of oil will add a lighter texture to your baked goods. Plus, adding healthy fats is a great idea. These vegan avocado brownies are also great to celebrate any occasion.
Have no fear eating these vegan avocado brownies, you definitely won’t taste the avocados. Adding half of the banana helps to add flavor and also to replace the eggs. You can use eggs, if not vegan, but the combination of the banana and the aquafaba works magickly.
Tips for making these brownies:
- I used vegan chocolate chips, but feel free to use your favorite depending on your dietary regimen.
- You can easily add any nuts to this recipe. Pecans and walnuts are my favorite.
- For egg replacer, I used aquafaba. If you’re not vegan, then you can use 3 fresh eggs.
- You can replace the banana using 1/2 cup of applesauce.
- This recipe can be easily made using a blender.
- Store your brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
For the frosting I used my Healthy Chocolate Amaretto Cupcakes Buttercream.
Other Related Recipes:
Check out my Chocolate Banana Bread tutorial:
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Vegan Avocado Brownie
- baking tray 8x8
- hand mixer
- 1 large avocado 2 if using small avocados
- 1/2 banana mashed
- 1/2 cup agave syrup organic
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs I used aquafaba eggs (9 tablespoons of chickpea brine) whisked just to combined
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 chocolate chips I used a vegan brand
- 2-3 tbsp walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease an 8x8" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a blender of food processor, combine; avocado, banana, agave syrup, and vanilla. Blend until just combined.
- In a large bowl, combine; eggs of aquafaba eggs, coconut flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, baking soda and avocado mixture. Whisk ingredients to combine.
- Using a hand mixer, blend all ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the greased baking tray and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. You can also mix some into the batter if you like it extra chocolatey. Add the nuts if using.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until set through. Allow to cool completely before cutting. Cut into 9 squares and enjoy.