This Mango Cilantro Salad Dressing Vegan Recipe is packed with tropical flavors, fresh and healthy. This recipe is easy to make and serves as a dip for veggies and fruits.
This Mango Cilantro Salad Dressing will be your favorite salad dressing. Not to mention that you can serve it as a salad dressing or dip for veggies and fruits. It is the perfect dressing for your Spring and Summer salads. I also like to use it as a salsa for my tacos. This dressing will transport you to the tropics! Every time I make this salad dressing is a big hit. It’s a staple in my Puerto Rican kitchen. Living far away from my country is hard. For that reason, I like to use food purposely. Then I can connect with my roots using tropical ingredients like mango, cilantro, and Caribbean spices.
Mango trees are everywhere around the island. For that reason, mangoes are the kind of fruit that gives me food nostalgia. Is there any food that brings you happy memories? Also, I remember my aunt bagging mangos and leaving the bags hanging on her neighbor’s front gates. Without any doubt, her tree produces big and juicy mangoes. Not only cilantro is delicious but also is essential in our Puerto Rican cuisine. Also, one of the main ingredients to make Puerto Rican Sofrito
I made this colorful salad in collaboration with my friend Lee, who creates healthy, fun, and delicious plant-based recipes. She created a compilation of the BEST plant-based salad dressing recipes from around the vegan foodie community. She included tips and tricks for making the best salads and dressings. Her guide is also helpful for meal prepping. Check out her Instagram account. Please check it out here The 20 BEST Healthy, Whole Food, Plant Based Salad Dressings
TIPS FOR MAKING A HEALTHY SALAD
- Go green! I enjoy lettuce but also kale, spinach, and other dark leafy greens.
- Add crunchy veggies. My favorites are cucumber, corn, peppers, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and seeds.
- Punch your salad with colorful veggies like tomatoes, purple cabbage, red onions, and avocado.
- I enjoy adding berries, mango, and other fruits.
- Load it up with lean proteins like beans, grains, tofu, or your favorite source. For this salad, I added quinoa and farro.
- Drees up your salad with a healthy homemade dressing.
OTHER RECIPES THAT YOU WILL LOVE
ARE YOU MAKING THIS RECIPE?
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your delicious creations!
Mango Cilantro Dressing
- 1 high speed blender
- 1 mango ripe
- 1 handful of cilantro
- juice of an orange fresh squeezed
- juice of a lemon fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt or kelp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-power blender and blend until smooth. This makes about two thirds of a cup of dressing. Feel free to adjust the oil and seasonings.