These trendy Baby Pancakes or Pancake Cereal are fluffy, easy to make, and delicious. They are so much fun to make with your children at home. It’s just another fun way to eat pancakes but in tiny bite sizes. You can eat them however you want. Put them in a bowl and coat them with maple syrup or milk, or add fruits and toppings. This recipe is not only great for breakfast alone, but you can also have them any time of the day!
Pancake cereal it seems to be a trend on social media right now. They look so adorable so I wanted to try them to see if they were good. The results were amazing, they taste delicious and are so versatile. You can make them id advance and save in the refrigerator for a few days. I made a simple pancake recipe, you can use your creativity and add your favorite toppings or ingredients.
What Equipment do you need?
- Non-stick sauce pan
- Squeeze bottle, pipping bag or a ziplock bag to pour batter.
- Small spatula or fork
Let’s Talk About Ingredients:
- Flour: you can replace for gluten-free or whole wheat
- Egg: the recipe calls for one egg, for a vegan version simply replace by adding 1/2 tsp of baking soda and 1 tsp pf baking powder.
- Milk: I used almond but you can replace for your favorite.
- If not using a non-stick pan make sure to grease the pan with non-stick spray.
I hope you try this recipe and like it as much as much as I do! If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Here’s the recipe:
Serving: 2 bowls
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract Butter for dying (optional)
- In a large bowl combine milk, egg, salt, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add flour slowly, mix just to combine. It’s okay to have a lumpy batter. Do not overmix.
- Pour mixture inside a pipping bag, zip lock bag or squeeze bottle. Cut the tip of the bag.
- Cook pancakes over medium high heat by squeezing the batter and forming tiny circles.
- Cook until bubbly and golden brown, for about 30 seconds, then flip over and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a bowl when ready.
- Repeat the process until you used all the batter.
- Serve as you desire and enjoy!
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST