This hummus is flavorful, easy to make, healthy, and will hit the spot during your fall celebrations.
This recipe is very easy to make. It comes together in less than 10 minutes with just a few ingredients. You just add all the ingredients to your food processor, pulse and it’s done! Be sure to scrape down the sides a few times.
Tahini is a sesame paste and you can usually find it in the ethnic section of your supermarket. Make sure that you use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
If you need to bring a yummy treat to any celebration this is the right recipe for you. The combination of cinnamon, ginger and garlic goes surprisingly well. You can serve it with tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, vegetables, or use it as a spread on sandwiches, wraps or on your salads.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Easy Pumpkin Hummus
- 1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree, not pie filling
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon juiced (2 tablespoons)
- 1 ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- water if needed
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add more olive oil or water if it’s too thick.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Place the pumpkin hummus in a shallow bowl, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, garnish with chopped parsley and paprika.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
IF YOU ARE USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PHOTO: