This Berry Whipped Cream Pound Cake is light, fluffy, delicious and is the perfect dessert for sharing during spring and summer! The fresh berries give this cake a summery flavor that will make your family and friends feel happy.
Berries are my favorite fruits, and this is the perfect season to buy them. The whipped cream icing will melt in your mouth. I made this cake sugar free, but as I always mention, you can customize the recipe depending on your needs and taste. Although this recipe calls for eggs you can replace it using aquafaba. I find that aquafaba is the best egg replacer in baking. I
This recipe is a customization of my Puerto Rican Pound Cake recipe or like we call it in Spanish “Ponque”. Use fresh berries for better results but if you can’t find fresh use frozen.
For the whipped cream topping any coconut cream, vegan whipping cream or regular whipping cream will work. I used the brand Silk which is vegan, and I loved the results better than the regular whipping cream. For more cake recipes check out my Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
I hope you try this recipe and like it as much as much as I do! If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
HERE’S THE RECIPE:
Berry Whipped Cream Pound Cake
Serving: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 55-60 minutes
For the Cake:
- 1 ½ cups raspberries
- 1 ¼ cups blueberries
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 ¼ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 eggs **(replace for aquafaba, see notes) **
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I used Truvia)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
For Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (I used Silk brand)
- 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and cover with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine 1 cup of raspberries, 1 cup of blueberries and lemon zest, set aside.
- In another bowl mix milk, eggs (or aquafaba), vanilla extract, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter with sugar until fluffy and creamy.
- Add milk mixture and flour mixture to the butter, alternating slowly. If using an electric mixer set it to low speed.
- Spread 1 cup of batter into the pan, top with berry mixture, then add remining batter.
- Bake for about 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- When cake is ready let it cool for 25 minutes and transfer to a rack until cool completely.
- Mash remaining raspberries and stir in remaining blueberries, set aside.
- On high speed beat whipping cream, adding sugar and vanilla until stiff; fold in berries mixture. Spread over cake and top with more berries or meringue candies for a fun and sweeter adventure.
- Aquafaba: Make sure to give your aquafaba a light whisk before using. Three tablespoons of aquafaba is equivalent to about one whole egg, while two tablespoons of aquafaba is equivalent to about one egg white. Keep in mind that a can of chickpeas yields about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of this liquid, so about eight to 12 tablespoons.
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST