These homemade Vegan Almond Joy Cups are made with just a few ingredients, making them the perfect healthy treat or dessert. They have all the flavors of the popular candy bar, including almond, coconut, and chocolate, but these are made with healthy ingredients and loaded with fiber and healthy fats.
I made this recipe using my Puerto Rican Chocolate Covered Coconut Candy – Dulce de Coco recipe, but replaced the sugar for maple syrup and took away the cinnamon and ginger. You can store them in the refrigerator for a week and also freeze them for up to a month.
Here some tips when making these cups:
- I used a silicone mold but you can use a muffin tin.
- Be patient and let the ingredients harden in the refrigerator before them out of the mold.
- If you don’t like almonds replace for any other nut or just skip it.
These Recipe is:
- Refined Sugar Free
- Grain Free
- Rich and Flavorful
- Filled with Healthy Fats and Nutrients
- Easy to Make
- Great for treat or dessert
I hope you try this recipe and like it as much as much as I do! If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Here’s the recipe:
Vegan Almond Joy Cups – Healthy & Gluten-Free
Serving: 12 cups
Prep Time: 15
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Almond Extract
- Almonds for topping
- Line up a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside
- In large saucepan over high heat add 1 cup of shredded coconut and sauté until light brown. This step will take a few minutes. Be careful not to burn it, set aside. You can also buy toasted coconut that’s ready to use.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the other cup of shredded coconut, toasted coconut and coconut milk.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, add maple syrup and cook for about 15-20 minutes until thickens and the milk evaporates.
- Lower the heat to low and stir until you get a sticky mixture, be careful not to burn. For just a few minutes adjusting the heat to make sure not to burn.
- Fold into almond extract and turn off the heat. Keep stirring or it will burn.
- Using a spoon fill ¾ parts of your mold, refrigerate while you make the sauce. They will harden while the cool down.
- Prepare the chocolate topping.
Chocolate Ganache Recipe:
- ½ cup chocolate chips (I used 70% Cocoa)
- ½ cup of dairy-free or regular whipping cream
- ½ tsp almond extract or amaretto
1. Heat whipping cream until just hot.
2. Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof liquid measuring cup. Pour over the hot whipping cream. Let sit for 1 minute, then stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Add almond extract and stir.
3. Top coconut cups, add shredded coconut and top with almonds.
4. Refrigerate for a few hours until hardens.
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST