This Crispy Baked Tofu was marinated using Trader’s Joe Everything but the Bagel seasoning. This recipe is very simple to make. You only need a few ingredients, is healthy and so delicious. I love making tofu because it’s so versatile and filling.
Despite its reputation, tofu is rich in plant protein, contains essential amino acids, a great source of iron, calcium and the minerals manganese and phosphorous. In addition to this, it also contains magnesium, copper, zinc and vitamin B1. I always make sure to buy high quality, organic and non-GMO tofu.
When marinating my tofu or making fried rice, I replace the soy sauce for coconut amino. The coconut amino is packed with 17 amino acids, potassium, vitamin C and vitamin B and scores low on the glycemic index. Of course, I always add my Hispanic flavors using a little bit of adobo and garlic. See recipe video below for more details on how to make this recipe.
You can eat this tofu as an appetizer with your favorite sauce or make a beautiful bowl using other ingredients like in this picture. I made this bowl using leftovers like rice, sweet plantains and veggies from another recipe.
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST
HERE’S THE RECIPE VIDEO:
HERE’S THE RECIPE
Crispy Baked Everything Bagel Tofu
- 1/14oz pre-pressed Extra Firm Organic Tofu
- 2-3 Tbsp of Coconut Amino
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp adobo (optional)
- Sal to taste (optional)
- 1 ½ tsp egg replacer + 2 tbsp of water (use 1 egg white if not vegan)
- 1 jar of Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line up a tray with parchment paper.
- Slice Tofu and cut in triangles, set aside.
- Mix coconut amino and the seasoning inside a medium bowl.
- Marinate tofu for about 10 minutes flipping in between.
- Dip tofu in the egg replacer batter and transfer to breading bowl to cover with everything bagel seasoning. Place tofu on the prepared baking tray and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. Flip tofu between baking. Serve with your favorite sauce or inside a salad bowl.