These taco-shaped pancakes are the best way to enjoy yogurt, creamy spreads, fruits and also savory veggies, tofu scramble (or eggs if not vegan) and even avocado.
They are easy and quick to make which makes them a great recipe for your children to cook. The best part is that you don’t need fancy ingredients or eggs. During this quarantine, easy and fun recipes are the best.
I filled my tacos with vegan cream cheese, bananas, berries, peanuts and peanut butter. Then I added warm maple syrup and shared them with my husband. We are kids at heart!
These pancake tacos are:
- Easy to make.
- Dairy free
- Can be made sugar free
- Great for children to make with parents.
- You can enjoy them for breakfast or dessert.
I hope you try this recipe and like it as much as much as I do! If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Here’s the recipe:
Vegan Pancake Tacos
Serving 5-6 Pancakes
Preparation Time: 8
Cooking Time: 20
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk (replace for any milk)
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter for frying
- Your favorite fruits, nuts, chocolate chips or any other toppings.
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Mix milk and apple cider. Set aside and let it rest for seven minutes to make buttermilk.
- In a medium bowl add dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour milk mixture into the dry mixture, whisk until smooth, add vanilla and stir.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter onto a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Form a thin circle using a soup serving spoon. See video for reference.
- When the top begins to bubble, flip pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve like a taco, fill with your favorite spread and fruits.
2 thoughts on “Vegan Pancake Tacos”
Can I use regular 2% milk?
Yes you can!