This Easy Vegan Enchilada Mac and Cheese is a quick 30 minute meal packed with vegan beefy crumbles, noodles and cheese!
I was planning in making enchiladas, but I ran out of tortillas and didn’t have time to go grocery shopping. So, I improvised and replaced the tortilla for some gluten-free macaroni that was sitting inside my pantry. Best idea ever! It turned out so amazing!!!
This vegan enchilada mac and cheese is ready in 30 minutes, gluten free, made with organic ingredients and so tasty. A great idea for a simple meal that will impress your family or guests.
For my savory recipes, I always add my favorite Hispanic seasonings; adobo and sazón. You can find it in the Hispanic section at your local supermarket. I use my cast iron pans for almost all my main dishes because of the benefits.
Here’s a list of why cast irons belong in every kitchen:
- Nonstick: It improves with use. Once your cast iron skillet has a nice sheen to it, it’s basically nonstick. That means you can cook with less oil.
- Chemical Free: They are a great alternative to nonstick pans since most contain a chemical linked to cancer, developmental problems, liver damage and more.
- Long Life Span: Cast iron cookware have a long-life span as well. Many people still use cast iron pans inherited from their parents or grandparents.
- Adds Iron to Your Food: Many people like me suffer from iron deficiency and cooking with cast iron pans can help increase your iron content by as much as 20 times.
- Use in The Stove and Oven: Cast iron pans have a dual purpose. You can also use them in the oven at any temperature, as well as the stove.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Easy Enchilada Mac and Cheese
1 1/2 cup elbow noodles (I use Barilla gluten free elbows)
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
½ small onion, diced
1 handful cilantro, finely chopped
1 green onion stalk, chopped
½ green pepper, chopped
1 bag vegan beefy crumbles (I used Gardein brand)
1 can Organic whole kennel corn
1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
1 teaspoon sazón seasoning
1 (10 ounce) can organic tomatoes, drained
1 cup of enchilada sauce (I used Trader’s Joe brands)
1 package taco seasoning
¼ cup veggie broth
1 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese or regular, if not vegan.
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions, rinse in cold water and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add vegetables and sauté for about 2 minutes.
3. Add beefy crumbles, adobo, sazón, tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
4. Add veggie broth and cook for about 5 minutes. Add corn and fold.
5. Stir in noodles and reduce heat to low, cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add cheese and bake over 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes.
IF YOU ARE USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PHOTO:
3 thoughts on “Easy Vegan Enchilada Mac and Cheese”
A delicious twist on traditional mac and cheese! I always have enchilada sauce in my pantry for easy and flavorful weeknight dinners, and this recipe fits the bill! Yum!
Thank you so much!! I love this recipe so much.