Delicious Red Lentil Pasta, tossed with rich sun-dried tomato pesto and veggies, and topped with vegan mozzarella — it makes a nutritious, comforting and healthy dinner.
Because sometime we need something hearty and comforting , especially during winter. This lentil pasta is a flavorful dish perfect for meal prepping, a dinner date with your loved ones or just to share it with the family. It’s packed with plant-based protein, iron and a hearty delicious flavor. What I love about this pasta is that is very filling, nutritious and so simple to make.
I love making my pasta in a cast iron skillet. It definitely enhance the flavors and is so easy to use.
The recipe is vegan and gluten-free and it comes together is 30 minutes. Shall we eat?
I love pasta especially if it’s healthy and provides me so many benefits including; iron, fiber and protein. The sauce is incredible and simple to make. You will need every day ingredients and a jar of Barilla Sun-Dried Tomatoes Sauce. I also added some kale pesto from Trader Joe’s because it became a staple in my kitchen. Plus my favorite seasonings.
I hope you try this pasta and love it as much as I do! This pasta is:
This would be the perfect meal when you are craving something quick, healthy and filling. Great for busy week nights and weekends. Feel free to add your choice of seasonings and veggies!
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Here’s the recipe:
Gluten-Free Red Lentil Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes Pesto
- 8oz Red Lentil Pasta
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 handful cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ cup green pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup Basil Pesto
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup of each veggie; broccoli, zucchini and grape tomatoes.
- 1 jar Sun-Dried Tomatoes Pesto Sauce
- ½ cup of vegan mozzarella, optional
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over low-medium heat, add vegetables and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Turn stove to medium heat. Add the rest of the ingredients except for pasta and stir until combined. Cooking for about 3-4 minutes.
- Fold in pasta and add vegan cheese if using.
- Bake for about 10 minutes over 350 degrees, this is optional but totally recommended.
- Enjoy it with bread or salad!
SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM PIN ME!