This Vegan Bruschetta Pasta recipe is packed with fresh basil, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar.
It comes together in 15 minutes using simple ingredients. This recipe is ideal for meal prepping. Also, for an easy 30 minute meal on a busy evening. Another great tip is using a non-stick pan. As a result, you get to use less fat for a healthier dish. While adding beefless crumbles to your Vegan Bruschetta Pasta recipe is optional, it makes the meal more comforting.
THIS PASTA IS
- Easy to make
- High in fiber and nutrients
- Can be made gluten-free
Without a doubt, my non-vegan family enjoyed this meal so much. Furthermore they ended up making more trips to the kitchen.
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Garlic – I recommend fresh cloves of garlic minced finely, but you can use refrigerated minced garlic in a pinch.
Fresh basil – Using fresh is always better but dried will work as well.
Fresh tomatoes – I used grape tomatoes but any kind will do. Simply chop up large ones into approximately 1/2 inch pieces, and halve or quarter cherry tomatoes.
Shredded parmesan cheese – I used a vegan brand but feel free to replace it for the one of your choice. You can add vegan mozzarella or regular if vegetarian.
Balsamic vinegar – This is my favorite ingredient. It adds a delicious mild flavor.
Extra-virgin olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper
Spices – Dried oregano, basil, cilantro, adobo (optional), onion powder. Feel free to add your choices of spices.
Beefless Crumbles – Although is it not necessary, I love using beefless crumbles. It adds more flavor and comfort to the recipe. You can replace it with mushrooms or any other meat replacement.
Broccoli – You can add more veggies for more nutrients and fiber.
In conclusion, I always add my Puerto Rican seasonings to my recipes. For this one, I used adobo and veggies that are included in my Puerto Rican Sofrito recipe.
Here’s a tutorial for this recipe:
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Vegan Bruschetta Pasta
- non-stick pan
- 1 box spaghetti pasta - 1 pound organic
- 1/4 cup sweet peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 2 cups vegan beefless crumbles
- 1 tsp adobo seasoning for the beefless crumbles if using
- 1/2 tsp of each dried oregano, basil, cilantro and parsley
- 1/4 cup black olives halves
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil organic
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 - 1/2 cup marinara sauce organic
- 1 cup veggie broth use it as need it
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halves
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add vegetables and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add a few tablespoons of veggie broth to sauté the veggies.
- Add beefy crumbles and adobo seasoning. Folding to incorporate.
- Add spices , 1/2 of the marinara sauce and a few tablespoons of veggie broth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients one at a time.
- Cook for about 5 minutes. Add pasta and fold to incorporate.
Other recipes that you would love!
Share the love on Pinterest!