These Peanut Butter Hazelnut Truffles are healthy, refined sugar free, vegan, gluten-free and so delicious. The perfect portion for a healthy snack or dessert. They hide a surprise hazelnut inside for a crunchy texture. These truffles are also amazing for kids’ lunches or treats for after school.
They are rich in protein, antioxidants and nutrients that will benefit your body. Having healthy snacks in hand avoids unhealthy snacks. They are ready in less than 25 minutes and you can make 18 truffles in one batch. You can totally replace the peanut butter for any nut butter. They are easy to take in a to-go bowl or reusable bag. I love taking these power snacks when we go hiking.
Here you can see the steps to make these truffles:
Making truffles is super easy and convenient. You can use any kind of nuts that you have on hands. There’s no need for any fancy nut if you can’t afford it. Nuts can be expensive, so I always try to buy in bulk or search for organic brands that offer good prices. I find that Costco, Aldi’s and Walmart have the best prices and brands.
These Truffles are:
· Refined Sugar Free
· Filled with Nutrients
· Easy to prepare
· The perfect portion for dessert or snack
· Great for to-go lunches or hiking adventures
· Fun for Kids
Here’s the recipe for these Truffles:
Peanut Butter Hazelnut Truffles
- 1 cup Hazelnuts and Walnuts
- 15 pitted medjool dates
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 Cacao powder, unsweetened (plus more for rolling)
- 2 Tbsp Chia seeds
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Tbsp of Peanut Butter
- Roasted hazelnuts to fill the truffles
- Add nuts the food processor and pulse into a meal.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse/mix to combine.
- The results will a moist dough like mixture. If it’s too wet add more cacao, one spoon at a time.
- Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes.
- Then using a cookie scoop form into balls and insert a hazelnut in the middle.
- Form balls rolling with your hands.
- Roll balls in extra cacao powder (optional)
- Store in a well-sealed container in the refrigerator up to 1 week or freezer for a month.