These bars are everything you need for a perfect dessert or snack. They are vegan, healthy, gluten-free and scrumptious. Of course, they are also easy and fun to make. A great recipe to make with your children during this quarantine.
I used my Peanut Butter Hazelnut Truffle recipe to make the crust, and my Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate No Bake Tart filling for the top layer. Sometimes when I want a quick dessert, I combine recipes and it works amazingly.
For toppings you can add fruits or drizzle peanut butter. I used berries and rose buds the I found on Amazon but you can use your favorite ones..
These Truffles are:
· Refined Sugar Free
· Filled with Nutrients
· Easy to prepare
· The perfect portion for dessert or snack
· Great for to-go lunches or hiking adventures
· Fun for Kids
I hope you try this recipe and like it as much as much as I do! If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook pageor tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Here’s the recipe:
Peanut Butter Hazelnut Healthy Bars
For the crust:
- 1 cup Hazelnuts and Walnuts
- 15 pitted medjool dates or replace for raisins or dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 Cacao powder, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp Chia seeds
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Tbsp of Peanut Butter
- Add nuts the food processor and pulse into a meal.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse/mix to combine.
- The results will a moist dough like mixture. If it’s too wet add more cacao, one spoon at a time.
- Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes.
- Then using your hands spread inside you mold making a layer.
- Refrigerate while making the filling.
For the filling:
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk or heavy cream if not vegan
- 100 grams/1 bar dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of Maple syrup or agave
- Chop the chocolate and place into a heatproof bowl. Set aside.
- Add the coconut milk to a small saucepan. Heat over low medium until simmering. Pour the milk over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for about 30 seconds, then whisk until a smooth, even mixture forms.
- Whisk in the vanilla and maple. Using a hand mixer, mix until you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour over crust and refrigerate overnight for better results. Top with more hazelnuts and fruits.