This easy pesto is ready in less than 10 minutes and it has so many uses. Pour over your favorite pasta, eat with crackers or veggies.
Use it on your pizza, wraps, sandwich even as a base when making savory meals. This pesto is similar to my sofrito recipe, but it uses different ingredients and purposes. I use cashews instead of pine nuts because we had allergy reactions with pine nuts. Also, I find that cashews give the pesto more consistency and a nutty flavor that I love.
When making the pesto you can adjust the ingredients depending on your taste. I love making a big jar and have it available all the time. I adjust the amount I’m using depending on the recipe that I’m making. For example, if I’m using it on a pasta, I add a little bit more of olive oil. But if I’m using it on pizzas, bread or as a dip, I add more cashews or greens.
I hope you try this recipe and like it as much as much as I do! If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
HERES THE RECIPE:
Kale, Spinach & Cashew Pesto
Yield about: 1 ½ cups
Preparation Time: 8 minutes
Cooking Time: 8
- 2 cups Kale, ribs removed
- 1 cup spinach, washed and rinsed
- 1 cup olive oil or more to taste
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt or more to taste
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese or vegan alternative. (Optional)
- Add kale, spinach and olive oil to a blender. Blend until well combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Add more water if needed.
- Feel free to add more seasonings depending on your taste and uses.
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST
One thought on “Kale, Spinach & Cashew Pesto”
Totally saving this to try! I love the cashews, that’s really clever. And how you use both kale AND spinach!