These Brown Butter Pecan Cookies are packed with toasted buttered pecans, a chewy texture, sugar-free chocolate chips, and hints of coffee bourbon.
Nothing better than home-baked cookies! Especially during the holidays. I have to be honest, baking cookies used to be something tedious for me. But lately, I’ve been enjoying making cookies and playing with different flavors.
Let’s Talk about the flavors in this recipe! The star of the recipe is the Bourbon with Cold Brew from The Aimsir Disttiling Co in Portland, OR. I am not a big drinker but I love exploring different liquors in my recipes. The combination of the browned butter and the Bourbon is the perfect combo. If you are not comfortable using Bourbon, just skip it and double the amount of vanilla extract.
Another star ingredient is the buttered pecans. Yes, this step takes a few minutes, but it will take your cookies to another level. This recipe is on repeat here in my house.
Tips for making these Brown Butter Pecan Cookies:
- Browned butter: this step is very simple but it requires patience and please do not leave it unattended. You have to melt the butter over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until it reaches a golden brown color and a nutty smell. Watch it closely as it can burn easily. Once the butter is brown carefully pour it inside a heat-proof bowl and set it aside.
- You can use any other Bourbon flavor or Brandy. You can totally skip it and just use vanilla.
- I used a vegan dark chocolate chip brand that is sugar-free as well, but you can use any other kind.
- Make it gluten-free by replacing the all-purpose flour with your favorite gluten-free blend.
- After making the cookie dough, refrigerate for about 4-5 hours. I like to refrigerate overnight and then let it rest for 30 minutes on the counter to soften before baking.
- In my oven, these cookies are done in 10 minutes. Every oven is different that’s why I always recommend using an oven thermometer to make sure your oven is reaching the right temperature.
- Make sure you don’t overbake your cookies.
- With this recipe, I make 25 small cookies, make sure to adapt the baking time depending on the size of the cookie you are baking.
- For decoration, press some chocolate chips and pecans before baking.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
More cookie recipes here on my blog:
Easy Almond Amaretto Sugar Cookies with Chocolate Buttercream
Polvorones (Puerto Rican Shortbread Cookies)
Pumpkin Spice Cookies14 to 5 minutes.
There were amazing! Definitely recommend!
Muchas gracias ☺️
Las mejores galletas!! 😋🍪
Muchas gracias 🙏🏼
Oh my gosh I’m a huuuuuge bourbon fan and am so into this combo. Holiday magic!!
You’ll love these cookies! Thank you so much?