Pumpkin Spice Cake
This cake is everything you love about fall desserts! This cake is moist, fluffy and so delicious.
When baking this cake the house smelled heavenly. The combination of cinnamon and pumpkin spice is my favorite one. Now that we live in New Hampshire we get to enjoy the seasons. Fall is my favorite so I’m enjoying it to the fullest. Part of experiencing the season is baking fall desserts and sharing with my friends and coworkers my creations. After all it’s all about being grateful and spread love, kindness and happiness.
I believe that when you bake or cook with love and joy, you spread those feelings within the person who eats your desserts. If you like to cook and bake like me but sometimes you find no inspiration, try to set up a friendly environment in the kitchen. I put my favorite music and also sing and dance while I’m creating in the kitchen. It’s when I get more inspired.
Well, now back to this cake….
Let me tell you some tips for a better baking;
- Always measure your ingredients. Adding less or more can ruin your dessert.
- Follow the steps carefully. You don’t want to skip any steps that can cause your recipe to fail.
- Always buy quality ingredients and if possible organic. We have so many options nowadays.
- Try to always have extra essential ingredients that you might need for a last minute desserts.
- Always do it with love!!!
This cake is great for any potluck or your Thanksgiving feast. I like my cake to be moist and of course I need frosting or glaze to go with it. This Vanilla Cinnamon Glaze goes perfect with this cake. You can also add cream cheese for a yummy twist if you want to impress your guests.
This cake is:
- Perfect for any occasion.
- Moist and fluffy.
- The perfect fall cake.
- The glaze goes amazingly with the cake.
- Easy to bake.
- You can replace the eggs with flaxseed for a vegan version and the flour for gluten-free.
Here’s the recipe:
Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs (replace for flaxseeds eggs for vegan)
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 3 Cups confectioner sugar
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla
- dash of cinnamon (optional but recommended)
- 3 tablespoons water or heavy cream. Add more as needed, do it carefully. If the glaze is to thick add more heavy cream, add one tablespoon at a time.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan or bundt pan.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together in a large bowl. Set aside. Whisk the oil, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla extract together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a mixer or whisk until completely combined. Batter will be thick.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Baking times vary depending on you oven, so keep an eye on yours. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: Mix all ingredients and whisk until well incorporated. Pour oven cake and enjoy!
IF YOU ARE USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PHOTO: