These Apple Cider Cake Donuts are easy to make, healthy, cakey, flavorful and so delicious. This is a one-bowl recipe that comes together very quickly and easily. The best breakfast or snack for a fall crisp morning.
This apple cider cake donuts recipe can be used for cupcakes or mini bundt cakes. I used a fall silicon mold that my husband bought for me but you can use what you have available. Although baking is always happening in my kitchen, I don’t bake donuts very often. Fall seems to be the perfect occasion for baking donuts. I never tried apple cider donuts before moving to New Hampshire. Last week we went to a farm and I ate them for the first time. They tasted heavenly! So, I decided to create my own recipe using monk fruit instead of regular sugar and baked instead of fry. They turned surprisingly amazing! The cinnamon sugar makes them melt in your mouth.
Tips and Tricks to Make Apple Cider Cake Donuts:
- The trick to apple cider donuts is to flavor them with concentrated apple cider. Apple cider that’s been reduced down on the stove is thick and potent, adding big flavor without excess liquid. You can make it from scratch but store-bought works well.
- Because apple cider is the key ingredient and it needs to cool down before adding it to the batter, you can reduce it the night before. All you have to do is, pour the apple cider in a saucepan, place it on low heat, set a timer for 5 to 7 minutes, give it a stir a few times, and it’ll be reduced down before you know it.
- To coat your donuts all you need is sugar, cinnamon, and all-spice. You can always add your favorite spices to the mixture. When the donuts are ready, let them cool for a few minutes and then dip each one into your sugar mixture.
- Do not over mix your batter. Add each ingredient one at a time. This is a one-bowl recipe and very simple to make. All you need is a large glass pyrex bowl. a whisker and a rubber spatula.
This recipe will produce from 8 to 10 donuts. The baking time depends on the mold that you are using. For a regular donut pan, it will take around 10 to 12 minutes. I recommend you get an oven thermometer to make sure to get the correct temperature. As I always mention in my recipes feel free to replace any of the ingredients on this recipe.
In conclusion, If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Vegan Apple Cider Donuts
- Donut Pan
- Glass Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed I used monk fruit brown sugar blend
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar I used monk fruit sugar blend
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs - I used flaxseeds see notes
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all-spice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup apple cider homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup granulated sugar monk fruit blend
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch all-spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray donut pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together brown sugar blend, granulated sugar blend, salt, oil and vanilla extract.
- Whisk slowly in eggs, one at a time. Until fully incorporated.
- Add the baking soda, cinnamon, half of the flour, and half of the apple cider. Whisk slowly until fully incorporated. Then add the rest of the apple cider and flour and whisk until completely combined. Do not over mix your batter.
- Pour the batter into the donut mold, filling each one just 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes. Depending on your oven and the type of mold that you are using.
- Bake the donuts for 10-12 minutes or until the edges and tops are lightly browned. To test, poke your finger into the top of the donut. If the donut bounces back, they’re done.
- While donuts are in the oven, combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and all-spice together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cool donuts for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Re-grease the pan and bake the remaining donut batter.
- Coat each donut with cinnamon sugar, serve and enjoy!
Other Fall Recipes on My Blog:
Coffee Cake with Pumpkin Streusel – Healthy and Vegan
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST
5 thoughts on “Apple Cider Cake Donuts – Sugar Free Easy Recipe”
Fall food is fantastic!
Yes!! Thank you so much. Fall food makes everyone happy.