This Vegan Coconut Ice Cream is creamy, dairy-free, ketogenic, delicious coconut ice cream recipe. The perfect dessert for you and your children.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker, don’t worry about it. My ice cream recipes can be made with or without it.
If you have dairy intolerances or are vegan, or if you just want to try something new and tasty, coconut milk is the perfect ingredient to make rich and creamy ice cream without any actual cream. I find that dairy-free ice creams taste much better. Coconut ice cream is one of my favorite flavors. It reminds me of my childhood when the ice cream truck used to go around my house.
This recipe is:
- Ketogenic – I used stevia but as always you can use any sweetener.
- Vegan – Coconut milk is great and makes the ice cream creamy and delicious.
- Easy to make
- It has that tropical flavor that we all need right now.
I hope you try this recipe and like it as much as I do! If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
For a delicious chocolate ice cream check out my Vegan Rocky Road
Here’s the Recipe:
Vegan Coconut Ice Cream
- 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/4 cup Stevia or your choice of sweetener
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients and whisk together.
- Pour mixture into a freezer-safe container and chill for 1-2 hours.
- If using an ice cream maker, make sure you put the ice cream maker bowl inside the freezer the night before.
- Pour mixture into a freezer-safe container and chill inside the freezer for a few hours until cold. For about 3 hours.
- If you are using the ice cream maker, this is the time to churn the ice cream following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you’re not using one, leave your ice cream inside the freezer for about 6 hours or overnight.
- Before serving your ice cream leave it for 20 minutes outside the freezer to soften enough that you can scoop.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST