This Guava Coconut Ice Cream is creamy, delicious, vegan, and the perfect summery treat.
If you enjoy tropical flavors during the summer, this Guava Coconut Ice Cream is for you. The perfect dessert for your summer gatherings. These flavors are traditional in my country Puerto Rico. Guava and Coconut are the best combinations of flavors. It reminds me of the ice cream cart around my downtown. I grew up eating guavas from my grandmas’ guava tree.
The best part of this recipe is that you don’t need an ice cream maker. After churning my ice cream, I realized that it wasn’t necessary. The creaminess of the condensed milk will do the magic when you freeze it.
The key to making creamy ice cream is to add fat to your mixture. The fat contributes to the smooth and creamy texture of ice cream by lubricating the palate, thereby reducing the perception of coarseness due to large ice crystals. Fat globules also mechanically obstruct the growth of ice crystals during storage, thereby slowing the rate of recrystallization and extending shelf-life.
- Coconut condensed milk – This milk is vegan, and you can find it at your local supermarket. It’s rich and so delicious, however, it’s high in sugar. If you are diabetic, follow a low-carb diet, or recently cut the sugar, please find an unsweetened alternative or make your own.
- Full fat coconut milk – you can use any plant-based milk but be aware that using a different flavor will affect the flavor of the ice cream.
- Guava – Making your own puree is the best option but if you can’t, then use guava paste. Where I live it’s hard to find good quality guavas.
- Coconut cream – This is my favorite ingredient but you can totally skip it and replace it with coconut condensed milk.
HERE’S A TIKTOK TUTORIAL FOR THIS RECIPE: Guava Coconut Ice Cream
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Guava Coconut Ice Cream - Vegan
- ice cream maker - optional
- ice cream containers
- 1/2 can coconut condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 pack guava paste 10.5 oz
- In a high-speed blender, mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour mixture into an air-tight container and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- You can churn your ice cream before freezing but is optional.
Other great dessert recipes:
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST
One thought on “Guava Coconut Ice Cream – Vegan”
This is super helpful, thanks for sharing! I love tropical fruit, but guava is still a bit of a mystery to me. This gives me good guava ideas.