This Chickpea Creamy Vegan Soup is a one pot recipe that comes together easily and quickly. Topped with roasted chickpeas for a crunchy addition. This vegan soup is gluten-free and hearty.
Garbanzo beans are a wonderful source of fiber and protein. I love making this chickpea creamy vegan soup for meal prepping. This vegan soup recipe is very versatile and great to eat as a meal or side. For this soup I used chickpea pasta but you can use other choices. Although I prefer using a gluten-free option.
Let’s talk about the ingredients in this chickpea creamy vegan soup:
- Chickpeas are a great source of vitamin B6, folate, vitamin C, protein and soluble fiber. They taste really delicious and also help to control diabetes, hair loss, help with digestion and anemia.
- Veggie Broth: Save money and avoid food waste using veggie scraps to make your own broth. If you are using store-brought use an organic low sodium brand.
- Garlic Cloves: You can save time and use ready to use mince garlic but I totally recommend you to use fresh garlic. There’s nothing better than the flavor of fresh veggies.
- Chives and Basil: I use this herbs from my garden. These herbs are very easy to grow. If you are buying them, use fresh instead of dried. If you can’t find fresh it’s okay to use dry.
- Crushed Tomatoes: I recommend you to use organic and low sodium.
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST
If you like pastas and soups check out these other recipes on my blog:
- Asopao de Gandules con Bolitas de Platanos Vegano
- Vegan Bruschetta Pasta
- Vegan Gluten-Free Red Lentil Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
In conclusion, If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Chickpea Creamy Vegan Soup
- 1 box chickpea pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion medium
- 2 garlic cloves fresh
- 1 tsp thyme leaves fresh
- 1 handful basil fresh
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 handful cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes organic
- 4 cups low sodium veggie broth organic
- 1 cup vegan cheddar shreds
Roasted Chickpeas (Optional)
- 1 can chickpea or garbanzo beans organic
- 1/2 tbsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sazon
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and carrot. Sauté until onion is softened and fragrant, about 5 minute.
- Add herbs and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and broth, bring to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes. Add vegan cheese.
- Use an immersion blender or a regular blender to puree the soup until smooth. **If using a regular blender please read recipe notes**
- Stir soup in cooked pasta and serve. Garnish with fresh cilantro, more cheese or your favorite toppings.
Roasted Chickpeas (Optional)
- Rinse and pat dry chickpeas. Coat with olive oil and seasonings. Bake them for about 25 minutes over 350 degrees. I used my air fryer and baked them for 15 minutes.