These lemon blueberry waffles with cinnamon glaze are healthy, flavorful and easy to make. The fresh citrus flavor and the blueberry texture taste heavenly.
These lemon blueberry waffles taste like a lemon loaf. In addition, the waffle iron will make them crispy and airy. Hence they are like a dessert for breakfast. They are made with wholesome and refined sugar-free ingredients. You can replace the ingredients for a vegan version. Please read the recipe notes for more details.
These waffles are:
- Great for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
- You can make waffle pops using this recipe.
- Healthy and refined sugar-free.
- You can add any glaze or frosting. Check out my vegan cream cheese frosting.
- You can use any waffle maker.
- The perfect breakfast for Valentine’s Day.
- These waffles taste better when you eat them right after making them.
Let’s talk about the ingredients:
- Flour – I used unbleached all-purpose flour. You can replace it for whole-wheat or a gluten-free flour blend.
- Lemon – Use fresh lemon for the zest and for the juice. However, add just a few drops of lemon extract to enhance the flavors.
- Sugar – I use monk-fruit but feel free to use your choice of sugar.
- Cornstarch – This is the secret ingredient for a crispy texture.
- Milk – I use almond milk, but any milk will work in this recipe.
- Butter – You need melted butter but make sure to cool for several minutes before using. I use salted butter for this recipe. Furthermore if you are not using salted butter, add a pinch of salt to your batter.
- Sour Cream – If you are not vegan use your favorite sour cream. For a vegan version, replace it with a plain soy based sour cream.
- Eggs – Eggs are easy to replace when you are making vegan waffles. I use this vegan egg replacer for some of my recipes. Aquafaba will work as well.
Undoubtedly this recipe tastes so good, that you won’t need maple syrup to eat them. Although I recommend you make my cinnamon glaze.
Visit my Amazon Store: The Hungry Dragonfly Store
In conclusion, if you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Other recipes that you will love:
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST