These Vegan Apple Cider Cupcakes are easy to make, healthy, flavorful and so delicious. This is a one-bowl recipe that comes together very quickly and easily. They are the best breakfast or snack for a fall crisp morning.
Fall seems to be the perfect occasion for baking. This is an updated recipe for my Apple Cider Cake Donuts-Sugar Free Easy Recipe I replaced some of the ingredients and made it completely vegan. If you need more baking recipes try my Apple Pie Crumble Pie Cups.
Tips and Tricks to Make Apple Cider Cupcakes:
- The trick to apple cider desserts is to flavor them with concentrated apple cider. Apple cider that’s been reduced down adds a big flavor without excess liquid. You can make it from scratch but store-bought works well.
- Because apple cider is the key ingredient and it needs to cool down before adding it to the batter, you can reduce it the night before. To reduce apple cider, pour the apple cider in a saucepan, place it on low heat, set a timer for 5 to 7 minutes, give it a stir a few times, and it’ll be reduced down before you know it.
- If you are using this recipe for donuts, coat your donuts with a mix of sugar, cinnamon, and all-spice. You can always add your favorite spices to the mixture. When the donuts are ready, let them cool for a few minutes and then dip each one into your sugar mixture.
- Do not over mix your batter. Add each ingredient one at a time. This is a one-bowl recipe and very simple to make. All you need is a large glass pyrex bowl. a whisker and a rubber spatula.
Replacing eggs in baked-goods with Aquafaba:
- I use aquafaba to replace the eggs in this recipe. Aquafaba is the liquid you find inside a chickpea can.
- You can replace 1 whole egg with 3 tablespoons of aquafaba. Make sure you whisk the liquid for about 45-60 seconds before using.
- Another great use of the aquafaba is for making meringue, ice creams, crepes, mayonnaise and more desserts!
- Whisk it to make it fluffy and airy like egg whites. You need 2 tablespoons to replace 1 egg white.
Although, vegan baking sounds overwhelming is not. We have so many vegan ingredients nowadays. With this recipe you can make 12 cupcakes or 10 donuts. Also, make sure you get an oven thermometer to make sure you’re reaching the right temperature. In conclusion, If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Vegan Apple Cider Cupcakes
- cupcake tray
- Glass Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed I used monk fruit brown sugar blend
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar I used monk fruit sugar blend
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil you can replace for olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Aquafaba eggs or regular eggs see notes
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all-spice
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, unbleached
- 3/4 cup apple cider homemade or store bought
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese or regular
- 6-8 cups vegan powder sugar
- Pinch all-spice optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray donut pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Prepare a cupcake mold with liners or grease with non-stick spray.
- Prepare aquafaba by using 3 tablespoons per egg. Whisk aquafaba for about 45-60 seconds until frothy. Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together brown sugar blend, granulated sugar blend, salt, oil and vanilla extract.
- Whisk slowly in aquafaba or eggs, one at a time. Until fully incorporated.
- Add the baking soda, cinnamon, half of the flour, and half of the apple cider. Whisk slowly until fully incorporated. Then add the rest of the apple cider and flour and whisk until completely combine. Do not over mix your batter.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake mold, filling each one just 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes. Depending on your oven and the type of mold that you are using.
- To test doneness, poke your finger into the top of the donut. If the donut bounces back, they’re done.
- While cupcakes are in the oven make your frosting.
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with vanilla for a few minutes.
- Gradually add powder sugar 1 cup at time until thick and spreadable. For a thicker consistency add more powder sugar.
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST!
7 thoughts on “Vegan Apple Cider Cupcakes – Gluten-Free Recipe”
I love baking with aquafaba! It makes things so light and fluffy. The frosting on these cupcakes looks perfect.
Thank you! Aquafaba is my favorite egg replacement. It’s so versatile!
Oh!!! I love this idea. I adore cider but I don’t bake with it much. I’m excited to try this once we get into cider season!
These cupcakes bring me back to NH! Thanks