This Asparagus Mushrooms and Cheese Galette is packed with delicious flavors that everyone will love. This is a great but simple recipe for your spring and summer get-togethers. Also, a great idea for a quick meal or appetizer.
This Asparagus, Mushrooms, and Cheese Galette is easy to make and it’s loaded with seasonal veggies and flavorful cheeses. Can we all agree that puff pastry is so delicious and versatile? You can use any kind of cheese for this recipe. If you are vegan, simply replace the cheeses with your favorite vegan cheese alternatives. With all the vegan cheese alternatives that we have nowadays, you can easily make it vegan.
Last weekend we went to the Vancouver Farmers Market and we got a lot of delicious seasonal organic asparagus and mushrooms. I immediately thought about making these delicious savory galette recipes. The combination of the cheeses and seasonings will melt in your mouth. This recipe is what I call a balance between carbs and veggies. The best of both worlds!
When I buy produce, it is very important to get organic and non-GMO. I know it can be more pricey but your body is your temple, you have to pay attention to what you eat. For these galettes, I used purple and green asparagus, and a mix of local mushrooms.
Let’s talk about the veggies I used for these galettes!
Asparagus are low in calories and a great source of nutrients including fiber, folate and vitamins A, C and K. Additionally, eating asparagus has a number of potential health benefits including weight loss, improved digestion, healthy pregnancy outcomes, and lower blood pressure.
Mushrooms are a rich, low-calorie source of fiber, protein, antioxidants, and Selenium. They may also mitigate the risk of developing serious health conditions, such as Alzheimer’s, heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
For the puff pastry, I used a frozen one because I was busy and short of time. You can totally make your own, but sometimes it is better to keep it simple.
I hope you give my recipe a try and love it as much as we did! Let me know what you think! Leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Asparagus Mushrooms and Cheese Galette
- 1 puff pastry sheet thaw
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softed regular or vegan
- 4 oz goat cheese regular or vegan
- 1 cup ricotta cheese regular or vegan
- 1 clove garlic minced
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Za'atar seasoning optional
- 1 tsp umami seasoning optional
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line up a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Unfold thaw puff pastry and place it on top of prepared tray.
- Prepare asparagus and mushrooms by placing them inside a medium bowl, drizzling olive oil and salt to coat. Set aside.
- Mix the cheeses with the seasoning. Add more seasoning if you like.
- Spread cheese mixture on top of the puff pastry sheet, leaving around 2 inches of the puff pastry border around.
- Add asparagus and mushrooms, sprinkle more seasonings and drizzle some olive oil.
- Fold each segment of dough over filling, tugging gently so the edge of each segment tightly overlaps the one that came before.
- Brush butter around the galette and sprinkle more seasoning to taste.
- Bake galette for about 25 to 30 minutes. The time of baking varies depending on your oven. Use an oven thermometer to make sure your oven is reaching the right temperature.
- Carefully take it out of the oven, place it on a cooling rack and let it cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before eating.
Other savory recipes that you will love:
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST