Stuffed French Toast with Bananas is the kind of breakfast that you would also consider a delightful dessert.
Do you like dessert for breakfast? This French toast recipe is for you. Undoubtedly, there’s nothing better than a warm and flavorful sticky breakfast. Furthermore, the combination of flavors in this recipe is to die for! Hence, you can eat these Stuffed French Toast with Bananas any time of the year. Yes, even during summer with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Without a doubt, French toasts are great for breakfast, dessert, brunch, special occasions, or as a fun weekend family breakfast. The caramelized bananas with pecans are my favorite part of this recipe. Also, I like to add a dash of pumpkin spice along with cinnamon to the milk mixture. Because I like to make it fun, I added my homemade raspberry jam and it was scrumptious.
Let’s talk about ways of eating this French toast:
- As a warm breakfast with yogurt and fruits.
- Just with maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Add a scoop of vanilla or caramel ice cream.
- Eat it like a sandwich!
- Try it with PB and Jelly
- Use your creativity and add any nuts or fruit!
This recipe can be made:
- Vegan – replace the egg with 1/2 tsp of corn starch or flaxseed egg.
- Gluten-free – use your favorite gluten-free bread.
- Keto – use keto bread and keto syrup. I like monk fruit.
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST!
What is the best bread for making French toast:
- Brioche – is a classic French bread that is fluffy. You can buy it pre-sliced at the supermarket. Also, for best results use a brioche loaf and slice it into ¾ and 1 inch thick.
- Challah – It’s a kosher loaf of braided bread made of eggs, water, flour, yeast, and salt. This bread is less sweet than a brioche but it’s a great choice! Slice it into 1 inch thick.
- Other options are – Texas toast, French baguette, French loaf, gluten-free French bread or use your favorite!
I hope you give my recipe a try and love it as much as we did! Let me know what you think! Leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Other recipes that you will love!
Stuffed French Toast with Bananas
Caramelized Bananas with Pecans
- 2 tbsp vegan buttery spread or regular butter
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 banana
- dash Ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pecans, chopped
- 6 slices Brioche bread you can use the bread of your choice
- 1 egg **see notes for vegan
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter for frying
- Carefully slice your banana. Set it aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add sugar.
- Add banana, cinnamon, and pecans.
- Cook until banana is caramelized for about 2-3 minutes. Do not leave it unattended or it will burn.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice together to a shallow dish whisking until combined. Set it aside close to the stove.
- In a large skillet or griddle over medium heat melt butter. Dip each slice of bread into the milk mixture and turn to evenly coat.
- Cook each slice of bread for about 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Make a sandwich using the caramelized bananas and your choice of marmalade if desired.