This cinnamon roll banana bread is moist, filled with cinnamon sugar, loaded with bananas, and topped with a delicious cinnamon glaze. The best of both worlds!
Cinnamon Roll Banana bread is a kind of dessert or breakfast that never disappoints. This recipe is really easy to make and you can even add your favorite nuts or chocolate chips to your batter. Also, you can leave the cinnamon sugar out for a less sweet version.
Why cinnamon roll banana cake instead of banana cinnamon rolls?
The answer is simple! Although I love cinnamon rolls sometimes they take time to make them. So, when I’m busy and craving bananas and cinnamon rolls, I rather make this recipe. It’s ready in less than an hour and my family loves it.
What do you need to make cinnamon banana bread?
- Use very ripe bananas! Yes, so don’t throw away those bananas with black spots. They are perfect for baking banana bread.
- For this recipe, I used a vegan sour cream, but you can use plain yogurt or butter milk.
- Room temperature ingredients are best. Ingredients combine better and gives your batter a fluffy texture.
- I used two eggs for this recipe but you can replace it with your favorite egg replacer.
- You can use gluten-free flour or regular purpose flour.
- This batter is great for any baking pan, even muffins. I use this bundt cake pan because I wanted to be more fun.
- I love adding coffee liquor to enhance the flavor but it’s totally optional. Although I recommend it.
I have other banana bread recipes here that you can also try:
Chocolate-Filled Banana Muffins
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I hope you give my recipe a try and love it as much as we did! Let me know what you think! Leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread
- 1 hand mixer
- 1 large bowl
- 1 spatula
- 1 Cake pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar I used Lakanto brand
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs or egg replacement
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup sour cream or yogurt I use vegan but you can replace it.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coffee liquor (optional)
Cinnamon Swirl for the Cake
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup organic powder sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream, I used a vegan brand
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon. Stir together and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix butter and sugar with a stand mixer or hand mixer. Beat until light and fluffy, for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggs or eggs replacement. Beat slowly adding mashed bananas, sour cream, or yogurt and flavors.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Then finish folding ingredients with a spatula until well combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan. Add cinnamon-sugar mixture. Add the rest of the batter.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick and if it comes out clean, your cake is done.
- Do not over-bake your cake or it will be dry. If you carefully touch the surface of your cake and the cake springs back, the cake is done.
- Allow cake to cool completely before adding the cinnamon glaze swirl.
- Mix all the ingredients until well incorporated. Set aside until you need it.
Cinnamon Roll Glaze
- Sift powder sugar to avoid lumps.
- Mix all the ingredients adding the whipping cream as needed, util you get the desired consistency.
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST
8 thoughts on “Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread – Dairy-Free”
So delicious!! Can’t wait to try it!!
Thank you so much!!
This looks so yummy and we always have aging bananas with brown spots. We usually freeze them until we find a great recipe like this one! We’re gonna take them out of the freezer for this fun recipe for sure! Thank you!💕
Thank you so much!! It’s really easy to make and it tastes like cinnamon rolls with a hint of bananas!! ♥️♥️♥️
Dreamy!!! This looks so darn wonderful. It’s the combination of my two favorite things!!
Thank you so much!