These muffins are the best banana muffins you’ll ever make. They are delicious, healthy and can be made gluten-free. The delicious and healthy walnut topping gives them a crunchy texture on the outside, but they are so moist and fluffy on the inside. Serve them for breakfast, snack or dessert.
This recipe is not only healthy and delicious but also easy to make. You can replace the flour for your favorite gluten-free blend and the egg for aquafaba or any egg replacer. When replacing eggs in baking, I find that the aquafaba (chickpea water) works really great. A lot of people went crazy for banana bread during this quarantine, including me. But sometimes a whole loaf is too much for me and my husband so I love making muffins because you can bake a few at a time and they’re so convenient. Plus if you bring them to your neighbors, they’ll love it.
Here’s a few baking tips for this recipe:
- Use ripe bananas. The riper the moister your muffins will be.
- Do not over mix the batter. Be gentle with the batter if you want fluffy cupcakes.
- Replace egg with aquafaba or flax seeds. I rather use aquafaba because it rises the muffins the same way as the eggs.
- Add other nuts or chocolate chips.
I hope you try this recipe and like it as much as much as I do! If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Here’s the Recipe:
Healthy Banana Muffins
Serving: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 15
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup Monk Fruit or Granulated Sugar
- 1 aquafaba egg or large egg
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or use non-stick spray instead.
- In a large bowl mash bananas and fold into sugar and egg using a wooden spoon until well blended.
- Add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ¾ cup of chopped walnuts.
- Mix everything together just until all the ingredients are incorporated and the walnuts are distributed evenly throughout the batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 3/4 cup walnuts, coconut sugar and melted butter and mix until the walnuts are coated.
- Spoon the muffin batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups and spoon a bit of the coated walnuts onto the top of each muffin, making sure the topping is well distributed onto the top of each muffin. Make sure not in one big clump or it might sink into the muffin as it bakes.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool inside muffin tray for a few minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST
6 thoughts on “Healthy Banana Nut Muffins”
We just made these muffins. They are DELICiIOUS!!! ❤️The Bakers
Thank you so much for trying this recipe! So glad you guys enjoyed it 💗😘
Yes yes yes! Love this recipe. I made these a little while ago and they were so fluffy. The whole house smelled amazing too!
Thank you so much!! So happy that you like them!