These Orange Creamsicle Vegan Cake Donuts are light, refreshing, and with the perfect citrus flavor. Topped with a silky glaze and creamy orange buttercream.
These Orange Creamsicle Vegan Cake Donuts are infused with natural orange flavor. You can also make cupcakes using this recipe. They make the perfect treat for your Easter feast. Although they look for kids, they are great for adults as well. I created a tutorial for you to make with your family.
This cake batter is super moist, light, and so easy to make. Citrus fruits are perfect to celebrate spring. When baking, I recommend using natural flavors from the fruits. The reason is that they don’t taste artificial but really natural and refreshing.
Here’s another version of these donuts for Valentine’s Day
The ingredients in this recipe:
I use unbleached all-purpose flour but you can replace it with your favorite blend. Although I recommend using all-purpose if you want a moist cake donut or cupcake.
The recipe calls for 2 eggs, I replaced them using 2 tablespoons of aquafaba per egg. You can use fresh eggs if not vegan.
You can totally replace the oil for butter but your cake batter won’t be that moist and light. If you replace the oil with butter make sure to melt it before use it.
For gluten-free simply replace with your favorite blend.
Here’s a TikTok tutorial for decorating these donuts:
Click Here to visit my TikTok for more tutorials: TikTok-The Hungry Dragonfly
You can find more Easter Recipes here on my blog:
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
SHARE THE LOVE ON PINTEREST
Orange Creamsicle Vegan Cake Donuts
- Donut Pan
- cupcake tray
- pipping bags
- pipping tips
For donuts or cupcakes:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour unbleached
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract organic
- 1 fresh orange zested
- 2 eggs or aquafaba eggs
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 3 tbsp heavy cream dairy-free
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract organic
- 3 cups powder sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line up a donut tray or muffin tray with paper liners, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir with a fork to combine and make a large well in the center.
- Pour in orange zest, milk, vanilla extract, eggs, and oil into the well and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared tins to be 3/4 full and bake 12 to 15 minutes for donuts. For cupcakes bake for about 18 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- Whip butter, heavy cream, zest, and vanilla together. Slowly stir in powdered sugar until it starts to mix in. Scrape sides and whip for about 30 seconds until light and fluffy. Frost cupcakes and store them inside an airtight container until ready to serve.