No-Bake Chocolate Gingerbread Tart is perfect for the upcoming holidays or any occasion. It features a no-bake silky and creamy ganache filling on a gingerbread crust. This tart is easy to make, rich, and so delicious. It can be adapted as gluten-free and vegan.
I made this No-Bake Chocolate Gingerbread Tart using ingredients that were sitting inside my pantry about to expire. It is incredible how creative we can get using pantry staples that we already have at home. If you’ve never had chocolate and ginger together I recommend you give it a try. It’s quite a scrumptious combination. It’s like drinking a cozy cup of hot cocoa with delicious gingerbread cookies.
Let’s talk about the crust:
First, let’s talk about the crust. I used a package of Trader Joe’s Cookie Mug gingerbread hangers, unsalted butter, pecans, cinnamon, and ginger. If you want to make this recipe vegan simply use Biscoff cookies or your favorite gingerbread snaps. For gluten-free, you can replace the cookies with gram crackers, nuts, or rolled oats. I baked the crust for 15 minutes but it is totally optional. If you want to make a buttery crust instead of gingerbread check out my Healthy Vegan Pecan Bars
What about the filling?
Secondly, let’s talk about the filling. The filling is a creamy chocolate ganache enhanced with cinnamon. I find that adding a pinch of cinnamon to chocolate elevates the flavors. I used a dairy-free plant-based heavy whipping cream that works great, but you can use coconut milk as well. Once you make the filling, you will be tempted to eat a few spoonfuls. The flavors are AMAZING! For toppings, I used red currants, black chokeberries, and pecans!
I hope you give my recipe a try and love it as much as we did! Let me know what you think! Leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to take a picture and share it on my Facebook page or tag it #thehungrydragonfly on Instagram! I love seeing your creations!
Other holiday dessert recipes that you will love!
No-Bake Chocolate Gingerbread Tart
- 1 10-inch pan with removable bottom
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup unsalted pecans
- 10 oz gingerbread cookies or Biscoff for vegan
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of sea salt
- 12 oz dark chocolate or bittersweet
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature **SEE NOTES**
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place all the ingredients inside a blender and pulse until finely chopped. The mixture should be sandy.
- Using your hands press the crust mixture to the bottom and sides of a 10-inch pan with removable bottom. Bake crust for 10-20 minutes. Carefully remove it from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl and set aside. Heat cream in a small saucepan until just beginning to simmer; immediately pour over chocolate.
- Let sit, undisturbed for 5 minutes. Add butter and mix with a heatproof rubber spatula until smooth and glossy. Scrape ganache into crust and smooth out any bubbles. Chill, uncovered, until set, at least 1 hour before refrigerating.
- Refrigerate for about 8 hours or until firm to the touch. Top with fruits or your favorite toppings.